A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Diego Montano Signs an Exclusive Contract with ABS-CBN; Joins ‘Mara Clara’



Carlos Diego Loyzaga, the 15-year-old love-child of veteran actor Cesar Montano and character actress Teresa Loyzaga, signed a three-year exclusive contract with ABS-CBN and Star Magic last March 8, 2011.

As his first Kapamilya project, Diego will be included in the cast of "Mara Clara" and will play the role of Derick, previously played by the late Rico Yan in the original series.

He said that he is doing the necessary preparations for Mara Clara by taking acting workshops. He also added going into showbiz was his personal choice. “I enjoy acting po. At school, we have theater po, I really enjoy being part of it. That’s one of the reasons, besides my parents po, that I want to try if I am capable of being what they have achieved.

Diego said that he is very much excited to work with Julia Montes, who plays Clara in the number one primetime teleserye. He also said that he already met Julia but it was just a short but pleasant meeting.




Asked how it feels to be a new addition to the Kapamilya network, Diego said, “Terrific po, it feels really good po. I feel very welcome po, people are so nice and kind to me po and I’m very happy here po.

Diego, who still goes to school, said that his contract with ABS-CBN is “organized” and will surely not interfere with his academic activities. “They’ll be scheduling times when I can work and not work because of my school, so it’s very timed and organized po,” he said. He went on to say that the condition that his parents gave him in joining showbiz is that he will still prioritize his education.

Diego also revealed how he was able to convince his father to allow him to join showbiz. “I promises to him po if I join showbiz, school comes first. That was my promise to him and he’s really focused on me having good education that’s why I promised him if I join showbiz, school comes first.




He shared that his mom and his dad oftentimes remind him that he should practice strict discipline now that he is part of showbiz. Diego also added that his mom Teresa often tells him that having a girlfriend should be set aside so that he can focus on his schooling and work.

No comments: