The whole nation tuned in to "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (MMK) on Saturday, April 30, as ABS-CBN aired AJ Perez' titled "Tsinelas".
The episode, being AJ's final as an actor before the fatal accident last April 17 that caused his sudden death, generated 26.8% in AGB Nielsen Mega Household and 34.3% in Kantar Media among National households — one of the highest ratings for the and also the highest-rating show last April 30 in both Kantar Media-TNS National Household Ratings and AGB Nielsen MegaManila Household Ratings.
Here are the Top 10 Primetime programs on April 30, 2011 among Mega Manilahouseholds (Household Ratings):
1. Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 26.8%
2. Pilipinas Got Talent (ABS-CBN) - 22.8%
3. Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 19%
4. Mind (GMA-7) - 18.2%
5. Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 17.1%
6. Spooky Nights: The Ringtone (GMA-7) - 15.6%
7. Wansapanataym: Stickers (ABS-CBN) - 15.3%
8. 24 Oras Weekend (GMA-7) - 14.9%
9. TV Patrol Weekend (ABS-CBN) - 10.3%
10. Laugh Out Loud (ABS-CBN) - 10.2%
Here are the Top 10 Primetime programs on the overnight survey of Kantar Media (formerly TNS) among National households on April 30, 2011:
1. Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) - 34.3%
2. Pilipinas Got Talent (ABS-CBN) - 27.5%
3. Wansapantaym: Stickers (ABS-CBN) - 21.8%
4. Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho (GMA-7) - 16.5%
5. TV Patrol Weekend (ABS-CBN) / Mind Master (GMA-7) - 15%
6. Spooky Nights: The Ringtone (GMA-7) - 14.3%
7. Imbestigador (GMA-7) - 12.6%
8. 24 Oras Weekend (GMA-7) - 12.3%
9. Laugh Out Loud (ABS-CBN) - 10.7%
10. Comedy Bar (GMA-7) - 6.7%
The late actor portrayed the role of a homeless boy who travelled from Samar with his younger brother (Bugoy Carino,) in search of their relatives. Theepisode shows the story of love and bond between brothers and their determination to carry on with their life's journey together.
While it is being aired, people who are watching help but to expressed how they are feeling watching AJ effectively portray the role of a homeless teenager. This make AJ and MMK trend worldwide on twitter with the hashtag #ajperezmmk.
After the show, AJ's family, who now manages AJ's Twitter account, tweeted and thanked those who watched the said episode.
Steph Ayson, AJ's girlfriend, also tweeted what she feels towards AJ that time. "You're still very much alive to me. I hope you can feel how proud I am of you up there in heaven. @ajperez17 #ajperezmmk."