A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lea Salonga Ranked Shamcey Supsup Second



The country's bet in the 2011 Miss Universe, Shamcey Supsup, finished fourth (or third runner-up) in the prestigious beauty pageant. But one of the nine judges ranked her second.

Tony Award winner Lea Salonga, the only Filipina judge in this year's Miss Universe, said she "really liked her (Supsup's) answer as she displayed conviction and honesty."

"I ranked Shamcey Supsup second, if I'm being honest," she wrote in an article published in the Philippine Daily Inquirer on Wednesday.

Salonga said she had no idea how the rest of the judges scored Supsup.

The exception, however, was Leila Lopes of Angola, who was crowned this year's Miss Universe. Salonga said they were "all unanimous in our decision."

"She radiated grace and elegance from the moment she stepped on stage, and gave a great answer to her final question (which I happened to ask her; she picked my name out of the fishbowl. And that is all, lest anyone think that I made luto that process. No way.)," she wrote.

Even though she failed to get the crown, Supsup "represented our country very well," according to Salonga.

"Smart, spirited, gorgeous. I wasn't at all disappointed because she displayed what is so great about Filipino women: strength, beauty, intelligence. She should be very happy," she wrote.

"First thing I said to her was congratulations! I then asked if I could have a photo taken with her."

On Tuesday, Salonga made it clear that she did not write the question for Lopes in the final leg of the Miss Universe pageant.

"Just so you all know, I did not write my question. All our questions are pre-written and each judge is assigned one. Luck of the draw," she said on her Twitter account.

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com 

No comments: