A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Monday, September 12, 2011

Susan Younghusband, mother of Phil and James, passes away: report

Susan Placer-Younghusband, the Filipina mother of James and Phil Younghusband of the Philippine Azkals, passed away Saturday night, GMA News reported.
Susan Younghusband with Phil and James | Courtesy of Azkals United

Susan died of "massive heart-attack" at 10:30 p.m., Cathy Rivilla, manager of Phil and James, told GMA News.

The family of Susan is holding her wake at Funeraria Paz in Sucat, Paranaque.

James and Phil Younghusband with their mom, Susan | Photo courtesy of James Younghusband's Facebook fan page
Susan Younghusband was 49 years old. She is survived by her two celebrity footballer sons and daughter Keri who is now around the age of 9. Her husband, Philip, died of cancer 8 years ago.

She was a native of Malabon City.

In one of his interviews, Phil Younghusband had said his mother, who admitted that she knew nothing about football, was very supportive of him and his brother James in their career.

"My mom's very supportive. If she can't watch me live, she watches me on telly since my games in Chelsea are televised," Phil told the Philippine Daily Inquirer in 2007. "Even if I knew I had a bad game, she's always like, 'well played, well played,' to give me confidence."

No comments: