A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shamcey Supsup Decides to Answer in English



Miss Universe 3rd runner-up Shamcey Supsup said that it was her decision to answer the question in English and without an interpreter during the 60th Miss Universe pageant held in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Supsup said she was worried about the time limit so she decided to answer in English.

"Kasi siyempre we have a time limit kasi kapag may interpreter ka mas mahihirapan ka. At least mas maganda ang impact kasi mas maraming nakaka-intindi sa iyo when you speak in English," she said in an ABS-CBN "Umagang Kay Ganda" interview.

Many Filipinos noted Supsup should have gotten plus points for answering her question without the need for an interpreter.

Supsup reiterated that Filipinos like her should learn to accept the judges' decision.

"Unang una, the fact lang na iniisip nila yon of me I'm honored. I think it's already enough for me. At lagi kong sinasabi whatever the results are we should accept it as it is. There are judges that were selected to select who will win. So para sa akin I accept it with grateful heart and I hope na matanggap ng tao yung result," she said.

When asked if she believes that the result was politicized, Supsup replied: "Naku lagi naman tayong ganoon. Kumbaga I believe naman siguro na they deserved whatever title they have now like Miss Angola, and I think we should support her and be happy for her."

She also addressed the issue that she prayed not to win because she doesn't want to stay in New York.

"Hindi naman hindi ko pinagdasal na hindi ako manalo. Sabi ko lang give me what you want to give me. Please bless me whatever the plans you have for me and whatever your will, I will accept it with my whole heart," she said.

Supsup is now on her way to Los Angeles to spend time with her mother. She said it is likely that she will return to the Philippines on September 16.

"Sabi ko nga it's a good thing that I will be able to rest here and I'm sure when I come back bising-busy na ako. I don't know kung anong specific activities na gagawin ko. I just know it's going to be hectic," she concluded.

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com

No comments: