A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Giant Crocodile Video, Giant Female Crocodile Up for Hunt

Giant Crocodile Video, Giant Female Crocodile Up for Hunt

A 21-foot (6.4-meter), 2,370 pounds (1,075 kilograms) male saltwater giant crocodile captured by local villagers along a creek in Bunawan township in Agusan del Sur province in the Philippines is suspected to have an even bigger female partner still lurking around the area.

Local wildlife official Ronnie Sumiller said the local villagers still fear for their lives and will continue their hunt for a possible larger crocodile.

"There is a bigger one, and it could be the one creating problems." Sumiller said.

"The villagers were saying 10 percent of their fear was gone because of the firstcapture. But there is still the other 90 percent to take care of." he added.

The giant male crocodile caught on Saturday, September 2, by means of a sturdier traps using steel cables was first seen by local farm villagers killing a water buffalolast month and was also suspected of having attacked a fisherman who went missing in July.

It was placed by almost 100 people in a fenced cage in an area where the town plans to build an ecotourism park for species found in a vast marshland in Agusan, an impoverished region about 515 miles (830 kilometers) southeast of Manila.

No comments: