A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shamcey Supsup Says Boyfriend Changed Beliefs for Her



Filipina beauty Shamcey Supsup, the 3rd runner-up of the Miss Universe 2011 pageant, admitted that she is a Christian and that her boyfriend changed his religious beliefs for her.

Speaking to ABS-CBN's "Umagang Kay Ganda", Supsup said her boyfriend is a former Catholic who now shares her faith.

"At first (he was not a Christian)," she said.

Asked if he converted religion for her, she said: "Yes."

Supsup refused to give more details about her boyfriend. She told ABS-CBN hosts Anthony Taberna and Alvin Elchico: "Baka pag ito yung tanong, baka po tinanggal na ako sa top 5."

She also noted that the question she got in the question and answer portion of the Miss Universe contest was made for her.

During the pageant, Supsup was asked if she would change her religious beliefs to marry the person she loves.

She answered: "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too."

Her answer landed her in 4th place, with Miss Angola Leila Lopes winning the title of Miss Universe.

Supsup later credited her mom for her answer in the contest.

"My mom is really strict. She always tells me na, dapat yung magiging boyfriend or asawa ko should be a Christian first, and that our relationship will be centered with God," she said.

She added that she had no plans of hiding her relationship. "Di ako showbiz eh. I want people to know about it," she said.

Source: wwwabs-cbnnews.com 

No comments: