A Friendly Reminder:

Bonjour! This is my personal blog where you can read really interesting stuff. From updates to stories, from movies to musics, from showbiz to current events and from anything I like to something that will interest you. Don't forget to leave your comments, answer the poll question, be a follower and always read older posts. Have a great time. Merci beaucoup! God bless...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Martin Escudero Gay Revelation in "Zombadings"


Martin Escudero, now known as Mart Escudero, still couldn't believe the success of his first movie title role “Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington” and the rave reviews his acting in the movie is getting from moviegoers and film critics.

I was shocked but very happy. I didn’t expect that. At first, I was scared because I didn’t know how the viewers would react to it.” Mart said.

To prepare for his role as Remington, Mart said he viewed DVDs of various gay films. “I watched a lot of old Roderick Paulate comedies like ‘Bala at Lipstick.’ I studied Dennis Trillo’s acting in ‘Aishte Masu: 1941’ and Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes in ‘To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.’

Mart admitted that, more than the slinky baby tees he had to wear and the quirky kissing scenes with another hunk (Kerbie Zamora), mastering “swardspeak” was the bigger challenge.

In a hilarious bathroom scene, he spews out such words as “twaley, fosey, doorlalu, inidora-the-explorer-de-chenebelles and timbaleigh” in machine-gun fashion.

I carefully studied how to deliver those lines,” he said. “I asked help from gay members of the staff. They taught me how to pronounce those words … with conviction.”

Veteran actor Roderick Paulate, who played the aging gay who is responsible for Remington's gay transition (read related article HERE), was a big help, too. “We had worked together in ‘Rosalinda.’ For this one, he gave me tips on moving and talking like a gay man.

This is Mart's first gay role, but he’s not scared of being typecast. “I’d try any character for as long as it is challenging,” he said. “Other actors, like Roderick and Dolphy, ended up specializing in gay roles because they are so good and convincing at it. It would be my honor to be in their company.

No comments: